OverviewCloud based telephony is one of the fastest growing communication products worldwide. The traditional telephone system is not yet dead but why do organisations purchase & own a telephone system? Answer: because that is what we have done for 100 years. You want a telephone system so that:
● Your organisation communicates effectively.
● Customers & suppliers can rapidly get in touch with you & talk to you.
● You present a professional call handling service even out of hours.
● Clever features let you record calls, measure, manage and account for calls, get calls to the best people quickly.
But you don’t need to own a telephone system to do this.
What is it?Cloud based (or Hosted) Telephony provides your organisation with everything needed to support your business from a telecoms perspective – handsets, telephone numbers & features. So apart from all the features of a modern digital telephone system what else is different about Cloud Based Telephony?
● It uses the internet (VoIP) rather than dedicated telephone lines = cost savings.
● Very little capex required to deploy = rapid ROI and low cost of ownership.
● You can have one user increasing to many 100’s of users on one site or across multiple locations including homeworkers and field based staff = no constraints & complete flexibility for your organisation.
● The intelligence of the system is in secure data centres in the Cloud = increased resilience & security for your business.
● Similar to Mobile phones, payment is per user per month = no wastage as you pay for what you use.
● The core software is always up to date = no upgrade costs, no maintenance costs and consistent access to the latest features.
● Delivered by Xi Comms Cloud Based Telephony is a managed service so we manage it for you and sort any moves, changes or issues = you can focus on your business.
So with a choice of telephones (deskphone, PC, mobile integration), complete flexibility (cost plan, users, location), continually managed and updated software powered by Cisco Broadsoft and delivered and managed for you by Xi Comms, once Cloud Based Telephony is adopted by you your organisation may never actually need a new telephone system again.
- messageLeeds Community Foundation ...“Leeds Community Foundation have been very satisfied customers of Xi Comms for several years in terms of providing our phone lines. In 2016, we decided to upgrade our outdated telecommunications system, as our team had grown rapidly and it was no longer suitable for our needs.
Although we had a good working relationship with Xi Comms, we decided to go out to tender for a cloud telephony service because we are a small charity who need to be mindful of cost. After meeting five telecoms providers, we decided to go with Xi Comms, as not only did they find a very cost effective solution for our needs, but we already knew they were responsive, knowledgeable and customer focussed.
We have been delighted with the new system. It’s easily adaptable and flexible and can evolve and grow as our team does - it works around what we need, rather than us being constrained by what it can do. It integrates with mobile phones easily and we love that it’s “location independent” - you can plug the phone handsets in to any internet connection and the phone acts exactly as it would if you were in the office.
We would warmly recommend working with Xi Comms. They respond to queries very quickly, are good at explaining technical things in an easy to understand manner, and are very friendly whilst having a reassuring level of expertise.”
Leeds Community Foundation
Mortgage Advisory Network
"Mortgage Advisory Network were expanding and opening branches in new locations. A telecoms setup that would allow flexibility with regards to location, call transfer and identification of the source of incoming calls was a must.
The system recommended and installed by Xi Comms has proved to meet all of our criteria and more. The whole system has been incredibly flexible, not just allowing us to add more handsets as and when required but by pairing each handset with a mobile phone, we not only miss fewer calls than previously, but we also give out a consistent telephone number regardless of our location. The IVR feature also tends to gives us a more professional call handling process. These features not only enable us to work more flexibly but enable clients to speak with the person of their choice much more easily.
Xi Comms were our chosen supplier based upon the one thing we value above all else, service! Right from the start Xi Comms worked with us to understand our requirements and ensured the solution provided was the right one for us. As with all new technology introduced into a business, there is a learning curve for the end user. Xi Comms are knowledgeable, helpful, patient and customer focussed when we run into issues putting the technology to use. Being local allows them to respond to any issue we have, swiftly and with the minimum of disruption.
Xi Communications come highly recommended."